FLUID MECHANICS F1-10 Accessory
F1-24 Hydraulic Ram - Issue 19
If flowing water is suddenly brought to rest in a long pipe, a phenomena known as water hammer occurs, wherein a pressure wave travels along the pipe. This principle is used in the hydraulic ram to pump water.
- Pump body manufactured from clear acrylic with stainless steel pulse and non-return valves
- Adjustable acrylic header tank with inlet and outlet hoses
- Outlet hose with variable head arrangement
- Quick-release fitting for easy connection to Hydraulics Bench
- Supplied with weights to load pulse valve
- Educational software available as an option
The Hydraulic Ram comprises an acrylic base incorporating pulse and non-return valves and a supply reservoir on a stand, which is fed by the Hydraulics Bench. An air vessel above the valve chamber smooths cyclic fluctuations from the ram delivery.
The weights supplied may be applied to the pulse valve to change the closing pressure and thus the operating characteristics.
|Supply head:||300-700mm variable|
|Delivery head:||750-1500mm variable|
- Establishing flow/pressure characteristics and determining efficiency of the hydraulic ram
F1-10 Hydraulics Bench
Individual accessories on request