FLUID MECHANICS F1-10 Accessory
F1-25 Demonstration Pelton Turbine - Issue 19
The Demonstration Pelton Turbine provides a simple low-cost introduction to turbine performance.
- Turbine wheel inside cast housing with acrylic panel to enable viewing
- Mechanical torque measured using dynamometer with spring balances
- Inlet pressure gauge
- Quick-release fitting for easy connection to Hydraulics Bench
- Educational software available as an option
This accessory comprises a miniature Pelton wheel with spear-valve arrangement mounted on a support frame, which fits on to the Hydraulics Bench top channel. Mechanical output from the turbine is absorbed using a simple friction dynamometer.
Pressure at the spear valve is indicated on a remote gauge. A non-contacting tachometer (not supplied) may be used to determine the speed of the Pelton wheel.
Basic principles of the Pelton turbine may be demonstrated and, with appropriate measurements, power produced and efficiency may be determined.
|Speed range:||0-2000 rpm|
|Pressure gauge range:||0-25m H2O|
|Force balance range:||0-20N x 0.2N|
|Number of Pelton buckets:||16|
|Diameter of Pelton wheel:||123mm|
- Determining the operating characteristics, ie power, efficiency and torque, of a Pelton turbine at various speeds
F1-10 Hydraulics Bench
Individual accessories on request